Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Regatta?Regatta is an annual canoe race on the Downtown Canal. The Regatta is now in its seventh spectacular year!
- When is Regatta?The Regatta is on Saturday, September 24th, 2016. Visit the Regatta Race Day event for more details, including time and location.
- How much is Regatta?Regatta is free to enjoy as a spectator; however, there is a fee associated with taking part in the race itself. Visit the Team Signup page before more details on cost for teams.
- Who can take part in the race?The race itself is open to students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Visit the Team Signup page for more team details and cost.
- Are there any other events?There are many events the week of Regatta leading up to race day, including favorites like S'mores & Oars, Natatorium Battleships, RUNGatta5K. Check out the Events module for more details!
- I'm not comfortable with racing, but I want to take part in this year's Regatta. How can I?If your concern is with handling the canoe itself, there are two practice sessions that can help. Visit the Events for Paddlers & Teams page for dates and times. Aside from the race, though, you can also take part in any of our contests, which include a Dog Costume Contest, Banner Competition, and more. Visit the Contests page for details! You can also volunteer with Regatta. We'd love to have you onboard. Visit the Volunteer page for more information.