IUPUI Regatta Individual Waiver (Sample)
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS SAMPLE WAIVER.
The waiver must be done online in 2019.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY (“AGREEMENT”)
Each participant must complete this form in order to participate in the 2019 IUPUI Regatta on September 21, 2019, and/or any of the Regatta practice sessions (collectively, “Regatta Events”).
I wish to participate in the Regatta Events. In consideration of the services to be rendered by The Trustees of Indiana University, the 2019 IUPUI Regatta Steering Committee, and the Indiana University Alumni Association, Inc. (collectively, “Releasees”) in organizing the Regatta Events and in consideration of my participation, I hereby agree to the following:
- I am in the proper physical condition to participate in the Regatta Events. I understand that participation in the Regatta Events may include, but is not limited to, the following: participating in a canoe race and canoe race practice session(s) in the downtown Indianapolis canal, involving strenuous physical exertion; spending extended periods of time outdoors being exposed to the elements (sun, wind, rain).
- I understand that certain risks are inherent in participation in the Regatta Events. These risks may include, but are not limited to, such things as incidents related to the above mentioned activities, including sprains, broken bones, cuts, bruises, entrapment, temporary or permanent disability, drowning, or death by other cause; adverse weather conditions; exposure to criminal activity; other physical, mental, and emotional injury; other risks and dangers, whether known or unknown nor reasonably foreseeable.
- I understand that some owners, employees, officers, or agents of attractions, enterprises, or vendors of which I take part or participate during the Regatta Events, the other participants of the Regatta Events (whether associated with my group or not), and other third parties (collectively, “Third Parties”), are not the agents or employees of Releasees and that danger may be caused by the negligent or intentional act(s) or omissions of such Third Parties. I understand that Releasees are not responsible for any injuries or property damage that may be caused by the acts or omissions of such Third Parties.
- I understand that my participation in the Regatta Events is entirely voluntary and at my own risk. I fully understand the scope of the activities and the potential risks involved in the Regatta Events. I agree to assume the risks of my participation in the Regatta Events, including the risk of catastrophic injury or death.
- I understand and agree that Releasees do not provide insurance to cover medical expenses for injuries that may be sustained by me or for damage to my personal property and that Releasees strongly recommend that I carry my own health, medical, and property insurance for purposes of potential losses related to the Regatta Events.
- I hereby release and fully discharge Releasees and their officers, agents, and employees, from any and all claims or causes of action that may be brought by me or by any other person (including, but not limited to, my estate, family, successors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and/or assigns), including all liability for damage to personal property, personal injury or loss arising out of or related to my participation in the Regatta Events, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Indiana. Notwithstanding any other agreement that I have signed related to the Regatta Events that purports to establish the venue for any litigation arising from the Regatta Events, I agree that I will file no action against Releasees or their officers, employees, and agents, whether based on this Agreement or in any way otherwise connected to the Regatta Events, in any court other than the Circuit Court of Marion County, Indiana.
- I have read this entire Agreement, I fully understand it, and I agree to be bound by it. I represent and certify that my true age is at least 18 years old.